Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thumbs?

My buddies started calling me thumbs. I'm not sure exactly why. I am assuming it has something to do with my really bad golf game or....actually I just figured it out as I was typing. Very funny guys, very funny.

So sweater man had something to say about my fantasy team. I do have 2 of my 4 leagues web pages for you to look at and you can see my team and stats and that. Noskillz was refering to my Ancaster team that happens to have mike Mcmahon on it. First of all, I joined this league 2 years ago and picked up the team from one of my friends that had traded every thing he had to get Chad Johnson. So the first year I was working with nothing. I was able to turn the team around and win what we call the Ass Bowl, which is a playoff for the bottom teams to determine who gets the first pick the following year. This was my goal all year for I realized I couldn't win the pool, but I could build around CJ. So i ended up wining this pick. Than in the offseason I traded more picks for this coming year so that I could get Donovan McNabb, Added to my CJ, clinton portis (got during the 2004 season via trade) Chris Chambers, and Lavernous Coles. Everything was going smoothy untill McNabb got injured at which point I picked up Mcmahon, and did another deal for Jake PLummer. This resulted in me Winning the overall campionship in only my second year. First time i won a pool after playing for 5 years. Now the team that shows is before dropping everyone but 4 guys as keepers. This post is to justify why Mike is on my team, of course he will be dropped. But I will be in rough shape again this year, once again shooting for that first pick. I don't have a draft pick this year untill the end of the 4th round, that will be the 55th player off the board. And since we keep 4 guys, I'm actually looking at the 112 best guy in the league, so not much to get there. My keepers aren't very good either this year. I have Portis, Santana Moss, Kellen Winslow, and either charles rogers or Jake PLummer. So I really onlyhave 2 keepers and I'm keeping fliers which is a big no no in fantasy world. So right now I am doing research based on a dynasty perspective. Basically looking for guys that will shine after this season. The Tom Cruise league is also a keeper league so have yet to drop all the guys that I won't keep, but right now it will be Stephen Jackson and either Larry Fitz, Cedric Benson, or Deshoun Foster, I'm leaning toward Fitz right now untill more unfolds in the mini camps later in July. There will plenty on my FF world as the summer progresses and we get into the best time of the year September to January.

One thing that I would like to add to my posts is "What's playing on my IPOD". Basically I will give you what I think is the best out right now. For this week I was going to pick James Blunt, but realized this is only for my Girlfriend and Sweatervest wearing old men, so instead I am going with a recent live concert I downloaded. It is of course Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals from a concert in 1996 in Boulder Colorado at the Fox Theatre. During this time frame there was only the core 4 guys in the group (they have since added a keyboardist and a second guitar player) and this is the best sounding concert I have ever heard. Ben is jamming and singing the way he used to when it was really raw and the rest of the band is just on fire. A totally different sound than what they are putting out now. This will make for another topic one day that I was already planning on doing. If your interested in getting this concert, just visit Dimeadozen and search Ben Harper, or I would do a B&P for someone who is looking to hear this. Check out Ben's homepage under the live music forum to learn about B&P.

That's it for now, I'm off to play golf, swear and throw clubs, and if all goes right, hopefully find something to yell at my playing partners about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I need to get a job at Seapark so I can play golf during the weekdays...

Can you put in a good word for me?

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Toast said...

Was wondering when he'd mention the thumbs thing.

No explaining that one publically.

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very nice post and have great information. I also have a info about a new project Kanakia Sevens, Andheri East, Mumbai. Find More information of this Project like reviews, Specifications, prices, Floor Plans on Favista.com.Kanakia Sevens

7:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home