Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not as planned

I was set to play my second match last night in my squash league, but things got screwed up. After a bye last week I was looking forward to getting back on the horse, but it wasn't meant to be.

Upon showing up for my match i was told that the guy i was playing wasn't showing up. So i was paired with an older gentleman (even older then matt) whos partner also didn't show up. Since we were in the same division, I assumed the match would count. The man i was playing had to be in his 50's atleast, and had a bad hip. On a side note, I'm a little pissed I'm playing guys like this. Something I'm going to take up with my instructor who totally under estimates my abilities.

We are warming up and I know what coming. I'm going to kill this guy. You almost feel bad playing people so much lower then your own level. What am I supposed to do? Its a league where you get points for winning, not sympathy. I just find it hard to embarress the guy, try to show some respect.

Th first game starts out. I'm playing at half my potential, which sucks. I basically could have put this guy away on every shot. He could barely move. Any drop shot I hit was ahuge challenge for him, and even if he got it, it was barely and he would basically lob it up for me to put it away everytime. IF it wasn't a drop shot, all i had to do was get him running to one side and then an easy put away down the line. So thats what I did. I won the first game 9-3, ho hum.

Second game was another blowout. 9-2.

and third game was a complete waste of time. 9-0.

We played another 2 games for fun after that, i let him win one of them. BUt he got a little cocky so i shut him out in the last game 9-0 again just to let him know whos boss.

After we finish and go to post the scores all of a sudden there was a technicality that basically got him out of the match. Since we weren't scheduled to play each other, he was given the option to count it as exibition. He claimed he wanted a shot at me when he could run. HE'S 90 YEARS OLD WITH A CRAPPY HIP. when or how is he going to run, and how could he possibly think he's going to beat me? I'm not saying i'm a master, but hes a fucking old man who could barely move. But some how he's going to train for a few weeks and gain back fluid movement in his practically replaced hip? I'll tell you right now. I'm taking it personally that this guy couldn't just accept he lost and thinks he can take me. Next time we play, he will not win a point. I'm going to teach that old man a lesson.

I also found out last night that I'm the "giant killer". Aparently Denise has been dominating this league for awhile and I'm the only person to beat her.

I prey on women and old men.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dare you talk about me this way young man. I had a bad knee and you were lucky.

This is what's wrong with young people these days.

Oi.

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home