Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Is it July still?

What a great long weekend.

It all started on saturday morning with a free round of golf at The Legends here in fort erie. Always a nice course to play, but usually the pace of play and the cost keep me away. Luckly I hooked up a free round for us, but only Cal and I played. For some reason no one wanted to take up the chance to play. So we tee'd off at 7:45 am with 1 grup in front of us. It was perfect, we waited once at the start of the round and then never saw these guys again. I started off great, making 2 doubles on the front to shoot 40. Then i fell apart on the back and fired off another 3 doubles and shot a 85 on the day. We played the back tees which are pretty hard, but I still should have been a lot better. I think it was a few mental mistakes and a couple bad drives that cost me.

Saturday afternoon I headed over to White Oaks, where i just got a membership, with my cousin and we played basketball for about an hour. Worked up a good sweat and got a decent work out. Haven't played ball in a while now, but the 2 of us joined a league with a bunch of my friends, so it's time to brush up on the skills.

Sunday, i spent home all day watching football. My fantasy season is going horribly. I'm just getting so unlucky. Had a great dinner at my moms friends house for thanksgiving. Then returned home to finish off the night sitting on the couch watching football. I love football sundays.

Monday, day off work. I woke up late, didn't even try to get up for 8 am tee time. Had breakfast, went to work an cleaned my office. It was really dirty and needed it bad. Then on my way home, due to extremly good weather, I decided I needed to play golf. So i called up my buddy dustin. I had some 2 for 1 passes to the course I live on called Royal Niagara Golff Club. Its a Kaneff Golf course, and it's probably the worse course I have ever played. I was actually embarresed to be playing in. But it was semi cheap and easy to get on so we played there.

The grass on this course was barely even cut. Every bunker had water in it. The holes haven't been cut in days, there was grass growing over the edges. The greens were slow as fuck, and everytime you took a step on it you left full foot marks. Every single tee box is uneven, impossible to find any spot on the tee box with flat footing. Just an awful course.

There was one higlight on the day. On the par 4 9th hole of the escarpment 9, 324 yards, I drove the green. I left the ball about 12 feet from the cup and rimmed out the eagle putt. To bad. Shot 41 on the front, 38 on the back to shot 79. Weather was great, but the course sucked. Still better then sitting at home all day.

Watched monday night football. Excited to see the Bills on it, but they lost in true Buffalo Bills fashion. Don't even want to talk about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Does your life really get this boring once you stop playing golf? No posts in two weeks?

You need to get on the golf course on Saturday dude...

12:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home