Monday, July 23, 2007

I guess I was due for it

After 6 really good rounds of golf I finally hit the wall. Although it doesn't effect my handicapp in a bad way or discouraged me from thinking I can play. But i guess i was due for it. After shooting a bad 77 on friday i went 86 at St. Catharines on saturday, and 82 at East Aurora on sunday. Both rounds I was only 2 or 3 over after the front nine. For some reason I just fell apart on the back.

I credit the collapse on saturday to fatigue. I didn't get much sleep the night before and just felt drained while playing and kind of gave up. No biggie i thought, I'll get it back on sunday. But i had a small problem saturday night. I got up off the couch and felt a massive pain in my lower back. I had the same pain last year when I pulled a muscle practicing. First thought, Oh shit. I got ice on it right away and just hoped for the best. Woke up sunday morning and felt good. I figured I was out of the woods. Probably could have used a day off of golf, but since we were set to play East Aurora in buffalo i couldn't resist testing it right away.

Maybe a mistake. After 9 holes yesterday I felt like i was going to be in big trouble. I could feel the back bothering me and was heavily favouring my right side. I think this caused some mental issues with my swing. Although i wasn't in enough pain or discomfort to not play, it was in my head all day. The most important thing for my swing is swinging all the way through the ball. BUt due to the back I didn't want to push it and this was causing me to loose some distance, and accuracy. A small sacrifice when I'm thinking of having to sit out for a few weeks again, especially with Club Championships coming up in 2 weeks.

So luckly I woke up monday morning with no pain. I plan on taking it easy for the next 2 weeks. Probably only play 3 or 4 times over the next weeks just to make sure I don'r reaggrevate the injury. Ice and rest, thats all i need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home