Wednesday, July 11, 2007

For Once, I'm Gooooooooooooood.

I took off work a half hour early yesterday to play golf with Matty B at the Club. A little hesitant to play in 40 degree weather, but it turned out not to bad. Atleast, not to bad after 6 powerades, 3 bottles of water, and a good drenching of water at every water station. Regardless of the temp I played great, finally, half way through the season.

Started off nicely with a routine par on the 1st hole. On the second I hit a average drive and found myself left behind some trees. Hitting a 7 iron into the wind 150 yards my ball landed and checked up about 4 feet from the hole. Made the birdie putt, -1.

3rd hole I bomb a drive to the 100 yard marker. Made a quick par just missing the birdie. Followed that up with another par on the 4th.

I found myself chipping out from behind the trees on the left of number 5. Hitting my third shot from the same spot matt hit his second I was prepared to loose the hole. Already Up 2 for the day I make boogie. Matt had a relatively easy up and down for par, but missed the par putt, I'm still up 2.

On the par 5 6th I tee it up and absolutly blast another drive. I was hitting my driver out of this world all day. I found myself 230 yards out. With a 4 iron in hand down wind, i kind of miss it and come up short in the bunker front right. Made a decent sand shot, and 2 putted for par. Matt birdies, I'm up 1.

On the 7th I make par, matt falls apart around the green and I'm back to 2 up. 8th hole we both make pars. Matt's par was a grinder par, i smoothed to a par barely missing the birdie putt again.

On the 9th I hit yet another bomb to the 150 yard marker from the black, thats loooooong. Make a horrible attempt at my birdie putt, but drain the par putt to finish the front even at 36. Great, I've got a chance for a good round. But we all know what happened last time I was in this situation, see Cherry Hill.

On the 10th after another bomb, I hit a 4 iron to a back pin into the wind from 180 yards. The ball lands in the middle of the green and rolls just past the hole. As it was landing and rolling I was seriously thinking that it was going in. Nonetheless it settled about 3 feet from the pin for eagle. I blew the putt and made birdie. Unfortunate, but no problem.

I would go on to par 11, boogie 12 after a horrible birdie putt, par 13, boogie 14, par 15, 16, boogie 17, and par 18. Shooting a 38 on the back for 74. Wow!! I played steady for the whole round, swung through every shot, didn't think to much and look what happens. I look like a real golfer. Plus i smacked Matt winning 4 and 3.

My driver was great all day. I didn't miss one the whole round except for being a little left on 2 and 15. My gap wedge from 100 to 120 could have been a little better, but overall solid. I boogied 14 and 17 only cause I made horrible chips, i really need to figure that part out soon. My irons were on point, and my putting was solid. It wasn't really anything out of the ordinary and i'm not trying to be a dick. I have been playing my irons and driver really good as of late, and my wedge play from the fairway has been decent. It's just that god damn chipping that is killing me. Regardless, I'm very happy with the results yesterday and the last few rounds. The handicapp dropped to a 6, first time it's dropped this year, and i'm looking to continue playing solid golf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home