Friday, August 24, 2007

Health Update

After visiting the Doc on wednesday I found out that I am indeed lucky to by alive still. Well, obviously it's not that bad, probably more lucky not to be 250 pounds.

After showing my dr the diet diary she didn't condem me or anything. In fact she pointed out the 2 decent meals I had. Didn't really say much about the other ones, except for Happy Jacks, she never heard of it so i filled her in. Here's what tips she gave me. First of all I need to eat more green vegetables, with almost none on the sheet, I'm not getting enough. She also mentioned something I kind of knew. All the food I have been eating doesn't have any substance to it. I feel hungry all day long no matter what I would eat and that makes a lot of sense. When you are eating the crap I eat all day there is nothing to it so you actually get no nutrition or substance. So i have to change those things, but thats why I went to see her.

So i started hard right out of the gates yesterday. For breakfast she suggested I start making a smoothie every morning. The recipie she gave me is as follows. 1 orange, 1 bannana, 1 pear, 1 handful of berries, and 1 handful of spinach. Wasn't to sure about the spinach but she warned me it would chop up so fine in the blender that I wouldn't even taste it. So i shoved all that stuff in the blender yesterday morning and low and behold it was great. Couldn't taste the spinach either. The best thing about it, for the first time in a long time I wasn't hungry all morning. It really filled me up. Plus, it tasted great, no problem making that in the morning, very easy and quick. For lunch I stopped by the golf club and had a chicken ceasar salad. More greens and chicken. Much better then some shit cub or fast food. Just a side note, I hate fast food. I only eat it cause it's the only thing around my office and laziness, but thats all changing. For dinner I kept the train rolling and made a meal rather then takeout. Using brown rice pasta I made Pasta with shrimp and spinach. Phenominal meal. Never made it before and it still turned out amazing. I did have a few pieces of small garlic bread. However I had more greens, healthy pasta, and shrimp (fresh raw shrimp), very tasty, definitly will get made again sometime. Then i rewarded myself with a huge piece of Lemon mirange pie. No justification for this other then I really like it, so i ate, what are you gonna do about it?

So off to a good start. Had the smoothie again today, not sure about the rest of the days food, but hopefully we can keep this train rolling. Right now, out of 5 with that being the worst, I am a 4 on the body toxity scale. With some minor changes i should be able to get that to a better number. 8 weeks till my next apointment, i'll probably fill you in again then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home