Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Golf

Nothing exciting here today. Played golf all weekend again. Just trying to get in as many rounds as possible before football starts. Usually the weather isn't that great in September, and I have a serious addiction to Football, so it makes golf on sundays difficult for me. However, since I'm playing so well right now, and still have some Langly matches to play, i might actually play a few sunday morning rounds this year.

Anyways.

Saturday I decided to head up to Ancaster to play golf with my buddy Preston at his course, Heron Point. Always a nice track, part of the clublink franchise, and playing with Preston is always fun. The course was in great shape except I just happened to pick the week they punched the greens. Just a small punch, but the greens were covered in sand. It seemed like they top-dressed the greens, but never cleared it, kind of bullshit is you ask me. So everything hit the green and splashed sand and then stopped, and the putting was very slow. I didn't play well under these conditions. Along with the super slow play, which isn't normal for that place, it wasn't exactly the best day. I shot a horrible 86, 15 over par, and didn't even really play that bad. The problem was the putting. I can't putt that well on slow greens cause you have to be so aggressive to get the ball to the hole, which leads me to ge the putter off line. I was hitting the driver pretty good, and my chipping and wedges were good, i just couldn't hit those 4 or 5 footers. I actually hit 4 pins while chipping and rimmed out 2 other ones and still couldn't score. Oh well, no big deal, still a good day.

Sunday I barely made it to the tee in time and played at St. Catharines with Gary, Cal, and new guy Dave (a.k.a. Biker). I showed up just as the third guy was hitting so I really cut it close. First drive went far right just up to the out of bounds line. I warmed up a little ther just before me second shot, hit a noice lay up shot to the 100 yard marker, made par, and I was off. Didn't exactly play well on the front 9, but didn't play poorly either. I was still adapting to quicker greens (100 times better then Heron, and very nice for st. kitts) so i had a little trouble with my speed. It wasn't untill the 18th (#9 for us) that I got everything in check. I hit a nice drive to about 120 and a 52 degree wedge to about 10 feet, then drained the putt for birdie, to shot a 41. Not a great score, but managable. From there on I played the next 9 holes 1 over, but boogied the 9th (18th for us) for a 38 and shot 79. I'm still happy with that cause I broke 80. That my only goal right now and everytime i do it, i had a good round. Breaking 80 is like every golfers dream, and only something like 10 or 5 percent of golfers do it, so that means I'm good. lol.

I'm still playing the best golf I ever have. My handicapp is at a 4 and for the first time ever my index is a 3.9. Super happy about that. Kind of funny, Cal was putting his score in yesterday hoping for it to go up. Crazy. I hate my handicapp going up, just makes no sense, means you are regressing. But to each his own. I have my semifinal Langly Match this sunday against Andy A, a guy who plays with us most weekends. He's a pretty solid golfer and as of right now, I am going to be giving him a stroke. No big deal. If I can play just like I have been the past few weeks I can beat him no problem. I'm very confident in my match playing skills and my golf game. I won't take him lightly or anything like that, but I will be disappointed with a lose. On the brightside, if I do loose, atleast I made it to the Semi's and beat the #1 ranked guy. Definitly something to build on in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home