Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The post I never wanted to write

I'm going to get it out there quick, like taking off a bandaid. I lost to a chick in squash last night. I lost to a chick bad. She beat me 3-0, i couldn't even get 1 game off her.

Such an ugly match.

Lets start with the breakdown of the chick. Upon meeting her before the match I couldn't help but wonder if it was a good or bad sign that her name was Mary-Jane. She had a killer fit body, great legs, but the teeth left a little something to desire. Actually, I think she had braces, with very small teeth and they looked yellow. That was a pretty big turnoff, so no worries on being distracted by playing a girl.

It was another case like the last girl that I played where she stepped on the court and just started firing on all cylinders while warming up. It's meaningless to me, but she steps in and is pounding the ball up and down the line. Theres no need for that, but I guess some people get of on it.

Not much to say about the actual match. She dominated me in the first game. The whole match was a blur, but I think she won the first game 9-5. Second game I was sure I would take, but she ended up coming from behind and beat me 9-7.

While getting a drink inbetween games, my instructor walked by and asked "Why you sweating so hard and she not?" I responded "Cause she's kicking my ass." Later on after the match I found him again and told him he was fired as my teacher.

The third game went a lot like the first 2, me getting my ass kicked. I think I lost again 9-6. We played one more game after that for the hell of it, and I ended up beating her 9-4. I guess she gave me that one so I wouldn't feel bad or something.

No excuses for this one, i flat out lost. However I know what I could have done differently and need to think about for my next game. First off I was really lazy for some reason. I was reacting late to the ball and wasn't concentrating properly for each point. Secondly, I let her dictate my game rather then playing my own. I wasn't hitting enough deep shots, and my drop shots were only so-so. I was playing to defensive the whole game and leaving myself open for a lot of winners. I made it very easy for her to do what ever she wanted.

Thats about all I have to say about this match. I was devestated afterwards. Even skipped out on my post match steam, which i love, cause I couldn't get over losing to a girl. First time in life for everything I guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Well, take heart Harris...

You still are good at fantasy football...oh wait...no you're not.

Well, you'll always have golf...um, actually...

Poker?

Rec baseball? Maybe?

Sheesh, I hope you're good at cleaning gloves at least!

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you quit yoga because they were beating you!
love mom

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join. All above told the truth. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home