Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bold? definitly

So i made a statement that I would finish in the top 5 on Saturday. I may have gotten a little ahead of myself. Played Whirlpool last night and it wasn't pretty.

The course was in decent shape. I was playing with the head grounds keeper since we worked together out there a few years ago and always try to get a round in. He was explaining to me how little help the Parks Commission has provided him to maintain that course. It's a shame what they are doing. He's got 5 people to look after the whole course. Absolutely ridiculous. when I worked out there there was at least 12 or 15 of us and it still wasn't enough.

So he's done as good a job as he can. It sucks cause he cares so much about the course looking good and they just won't let him do it properly.

The greens were a little bumpy, but that was probably cause it was so late in the day that we played. Tee decks are a little scruffy, but they don't have enough guys or time to cut it. Not his fault.

None of this really mattered cause I still played like shit. I think I shot somewhere around 86. Big highlight of the night was on the first 2 par 5's. The first one I killed a drive to about 190 yards out, put it on in 2 and then proceeded to 3 whack for a par from about 15 feet. The next par 5 I was 200 out after my drive, hit a decent rescue to the green. Was off the back to a front pin, i would skull it past the hole and off the green, barely chip back on the green, miss the putt for a bogey. The rest of the round was a waste of time from here.

Oh well, at least it wasn't the tournament and I won't effect my handicap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Interesting. Jeff Germond played the course on the weekend and said it was in terrible shape.

Now we know the reason. That's too bad.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home