Monday, June 01, 2009

Golf was awful this weekend

Coming off a very high note early in the season, I completely sucked this weekend. So this will be a short post.

Saturday I was feeling ok early in the round with my swing. I finished up the front 9 with a 39. The back wasn't so good. I ended up shooting a 44 with a lot of bad strokes to shoot 83. Was very unhappy with that considering my play from a week before. Highlight of the day was my second shot on the 13th hole. My nemesis tee shot gave me something I've never seen before. THis hole kills me. I either fade it way right and out of bounds or I compensate to much and hit 1 of the 100 trees of the left hand side. Today was no different. I hit a tree at the end of the tee blocks square on and ended up bouncing backwards towards the tee deck. Except it went a little right and ended up beside the 12th green. I hit my second shot from the same distance as my first. Awful.

Sunday was even worse. I got off to a a bod morning right from the start. Woke up late, didn't get to hit any balls. Forgot my golf shoes. And was tired as hell. The first 2 holes I scrambled for 2 great pars and then the wheels started to fall off. A few bogey's and few double bogeys and I found myself at 43 after the first 9. The wind was ridiculous yesterday so I can put a little blame on that, but my swing was even more ridiculous. The back 9 was even worse. I'd make a bogey on 10, par 11 and 12 and then it went way downhill. I'd walk off the hole on 13, hit the trees up the left and lost it. Made a bogey on 14. 15 was awful. I drove it way left over by the 13th green, hit something to 210 out on 15 and then blasted the ball over the 4th hole and on the the highway, walk off again. 16, walked off the hole after the tee shot went in the long grass. 17 i would finish with a bogey. 18, went left for a change, pitched out over the trees, made a double. So i think i shot something like 90 on this awful sunday morning.

So back the drawing board, again. Just like every year. Have to get something together for this weekends tour event. Guess I'll be at the club practicing this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home