Monday, August 10, 2009

Golf was so so

The weekend after club championships seems to be a quite one. I played both saturday and sunday, both days with only a threesome out of all the guys we usually play with. The course seemed empty. I guess club championships mean the end for most.

Saturday was a lack luster event with Cal and Terry. I still feel my game is much improved and getting better. I shot an 80 that felt like a 90. I used to shoot around 83 to 85 and feel that was a horrible day, now it's 80. I got off to a horrible start of making bogeys and that just proved to much to come back from. It's all about concentration. It's much more difficult for me to put the effort in to fighting back from a bad start in a casual round saturday morning then it is in a tournament. Highlight of the day was on 13, my worst hole, I of course hit the large trees up the left hand side, pitched out to about 90 yards. On the tough pin tucked right on the left hand side on top of the slope i hit an easy little 56 degree wedge that landed about 4 feet to the left of the pin and then spun hard right and right in the cup for a birdie. First time I've ever done that and it was sweet. Almost did it again on 8 but came about 1 foot to the right for a kick in birdie.

Sunday was a lot of the same as saturday. Again only 3 of us out there. Our buddy Steve and a newbe named Matt. Got off to the same typical start going 4 over on the first 4 holes. Would get a stroke back but still finished the front 5 over. Went on to birdie the 10th, but didn't do much after that. Kind of stumbled in on the last 2 holes going bogey double to shoot 80 again.

Oh well. Next weekend is the 5th mens tour event at Lockness links. I like that course and loking forward to playing well there. Then monday night I'm playing my semifinal langly match. Should be a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home