Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Exciting weekend and a few days coming up

With the Mens Invitational at our golf club this weekend Cal, Matt, and I have decided to travel to a different course for the day. After some attempts to get on East Aurora in buffalo and Legends on the niagara in Fort Erie failed, I was able to convince the boys to look into paying to play at a nicer course to treat ourselves for the day. After much deliberation we settled on a course I've been looking to play for a few years. Wooden Sticks just outside toronto is our final destination. I believe this course opened up about 5 or 6 years ago. The deal with the course is all the holes are replicas of famous ones through-out North America, maybe some from around the world, not sure exactly. I don't know which holes are represented at the course other then the famous Island green at the TPC Sawgrass. With a 7:30 AM tee time we are getting started early at 4AM to make the 2 hour drive. I'll be tired as hell, but the round will be very much worth it.

Then on tuesday next week we head to St. Thomas Golf and Country Club. This is a round through our club that has a deal with other Stanley Thompson courses. I've been told this course ranks in the top 50 for Canada and should be another great day. I just hope I play well at both courses. It's always a shame to play such nice courses and come away wishing you had played better, or knowing that you could of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

At Wooden Sticks there are holes from Sawgrass, Augusta, St. Andrews, Troon, Oakmont and Pine Valley. There are also six regular holes I believe.

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home