Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally Played Well

This weekend in golf was actually pretty good. Well one day was good.

On saturday I woke up poised to play well. I thought my game was coming around and I was sure this day would be the day I finally break 80 this year. Starting on the back 9, I get off to a great start going birdie, birdie. As good as this was, it just wasn't meant to be from that point on. How bad is that? On the 3rd hole I already knew I was going to suck after a great start. I have some serious mental issues from playing so poorly this year. From this point I basically continued to hack around the course shooting 40 on the front, and 42 on the back (i think) for an 82. I might have been worse, i forgot to check the scorecard after the round.

Sunday was a day for improvement. Playing Cal in a casual match for 5 bucks I was going to play better. Low and behold I did play better sunday, much better. I used the R7 superquad demo to replace my broken driver. I was striping it all day right down the middle and long, and I mean Matt long. My wedges, mainly the gap wedge, were so on point it was once again, Matt on point. The only thing that hurt me was my putting, which yes, was matt putting.

On the front 9 (playing the back 9 first) I was 37 with 3 birdies and 4 boogies. The boogies were just some stupid short game mistakes. I could have easily been 1 or 2 under. Didin't matter, this was the best I came of the first 9 all year.

Still feeling good teeing off the back 9 I went par, birdie on the first 2 holes. I conservativly finished off the rest of the 9 with 3 more boogies to come in at 38, for a total 75. I was extremely happy with this. Finally playing well felt so good. It was one of those rounds that makes you love the game. Every shot just felt so natural. You know, that feeling where eveytime you swing the club you just know it's going to go where you want it. I think i under clubbed once all day, which is a huge deal for me. I only got myself into trouble when i got to aggressive on the greens trying to make birdie which lead to a few of the boogies. All in all, i was just happy to prove to myself I can be better then i've been all year. Hopefully I can build on this and get my handicapp back down to a 4 where I want it.

Oh ya, the match with Cal, if you can call it that. I whooped his ass 5 and 4. Wasn't even close. I think he won 1 hole, and really I should have finished him off with 6 holes to go but I duffed a chip to let him stay in the match. If i remember correctly from last year, I am undeafeted against Cal in match play. Funny thing, I think I am against Matt too, and thats with no strokes from either of them.

What a great day. Even if it was just one day, I truly felt like a great toilet paper salesman, i now know what it's like to be goooooood.


And the most classic thing of the weekend. That deuche bag Adam who was going out with the playboy halfway house chick from the golf club was making the whole thing up. Now thats fucking lame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

Actually dude, you beat me 6 & 4. It was a whoopin.

And yes, I could definitely see a bit of toilet paper salesman in your game this weekend.

/ still working on the jingle

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

I'd prefer to be called 'the plastic bag superstar', thank you very much!

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home