Thursday, August 02, 2007

I can't believe I'm saying this

I shot a bad 79 last night. Thats right, i shot a score that over 90% of golfers would love to shoot and I was pissed. Earlier in the summer Matt and Cal used to come off the course and shot 78, 76, 79 and be pissed, and I would then get pissed cause they were like that kid in school who got a 95% on a test and went to the teacher to complain. I hated those kids. Now, i find myself in the same situation.

I went to the club just to practice my putting and chipping for a little while. Then Ryan, the ass pro, showed up and asked if I wanted to play. Getting around in rather the practicing was much more appealing so i saddled up and tried my luck on the course.

Started off great. Striking the ball almost perfectly throughout the front 9, i was able to hold it togeather with 2 birdies and 2 boogies for an even 36. Great score, very happy with it.

Tied off the 10th with a massive drive dead down the middle. Hit my second into the green but far left with w front right pin. No big deal, 2 putt birdie. Nope. I 3 wacked it for a par, given strokes away. Second hole i par, and then the wheels came off.

Took a double boogie on 12 after hitting up the hill behind the green for the first time ever. Boogied 13. Par 14. On 15 from the back tees of 590 i absolutly kill a drive leaving myself 230 to the green. Looking at an easy 2 iron rescue shot into the green, i manage to pull it right and find myself on the 4th tee box behind a tree. I got up over the tree, but still only made par, very discouraging. 16 i almost chip in for birdie, but settle for a par. 17 i come up short and miss the up down for boogie. 18 i bomb a drive up the left side only to find myself nestled under a pine tree. I take a drop and make a poor attempt at the green coming 20 yards short from 110 yards out. What a joke. I ended up making a double to shot 43 on the back for a total 79.

Awful. Just awful. Things started slowing up after the front nine. waiting on almost every shot. I guess that through me off a bit and i just lost concentration. To bad, cause I was playing so well i thought this was one of those days.

Atleast the swing was back after a bad weekend. Drove the ball very well. My short game was solid. But of course one thing has to be off, last night it was my wedge play which hasn't waivered at all this year. Just didn't have the touch from 100 to 125 out that I have had lately. This weekends Club Championships are going to be extremely tough. 75 - 75, might not even be good enough to make the cut. Hopefully I can play out of my mind one day or actually 2 days and make the cut. That would be a huge accomplishment for me with the way my game has been this year.

Big night tonight. There is a free John Butler Trio concert in buffalo, NY. I've seen this guy twice now and they were 2 of the best shows I've ever seen. Should be amazing, check in tomorrow for a review.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the review!!

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

Harris, I believe almost everything you wrote until you got to the 15th tee.

360 yard drive? 230 in on a 590 yard hole?

Why do you feel the need to lie?

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Harris said...

Ask ryan, he will confirm the massive drive.

I'm loooooooong.

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home