Friday, April 04, 2008

Strong Finish

As mentioned earlier I had my squash league championships on wednesday. Just leaving a quick post on how I did.

I'm happy to say that I dominated Denise this time around for the D league championship. It was a quick and easy game. I took the first game I think 9-4, or something like that. All the work I've done on my return to serve and drop shots have really been paying off. Again my drop shot was deadly against her. To the point she got really pissed at me and says in the middle of game 2, "Are you going to hit drop shots all night or play some squash?" Normally, I would have been all over a comment like this but I held back due to gender. So instead of talking shit back and hitting drop shot over and over again, I turned my strategy and started hitting deep lengths into the corner on her backhand side. Over and over again. No matter where I was hitting from every single shot she took was from the backhand corner. Lets just say she needs some work on her defensive backhand returns. So i kept this up through the second and third game and just for good measure I finished off the last point to win 9-2 in the last game with a perfect drop shot. It was classic. I even knew as soon as I hit it she didn't have a chance cause she was cheating to the back corner, so i hit, turned my back to the ball before it even hit the wall and stuck my hand out to shake her hand, that really pissed her off. Regardless, I am the champion and I get to move up a division. So i should have some good games to tell you about in the near future.

I was also asked to play as a spare for someone elses league, this was the D2 league for wednesday nights (I played D4). So i played some guy I had never played before right after my match. First game I struggled hard. In about 5 minutes I lost 9-1. I then figured out his play. He served acording to where I stood in the box. So i backed up all the way to the wall so he would have to serve lightly and infront of me. I killed ever return he didn't have a chance. Also after the first game I figured out my serve and started killing him with that too. Next thing I know, its 9-4, 9-3, 9-1, and I'm a double champ.

Very good night of squash. It must have been the new raquet I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home