Monday, June 02, 2008

Atleast I played well some of the time

Pretty close to another shitty weekend. Woke up saturday morning to heavy rain trying to decide if I was going to play in the rain, again, or not. I made a quick call to the proshop to find out if anyone was playing. Of course, Matt was the only person out getting ready to tee off. Already 10 mins late for my tee time, I tell Jeff to let Matt know I'm on my way and to wait. Luckly as soon as I got there the rain stopped. Turned out to be perfect for golf.

This was my last chance to qualify for the Langly cup. Would have liked to have done it early in the month rather then the last day, but nothing I could do about that. Started off a little crappy going bogey, double bogey on the first 2 holes. But from there I turned it on. Swing starting flowing, I was making great up and downs, and my putting was maybe the best it's been all year. Finished the last 7 holes of the front 1 under to shot a very solid 38.

On the back I seemed to have become maybe a little to comfortable with the way I was playing. Didn't think I could ever say that. I maybe didn't think enough about it each shot and was a little lazy on a few swings and putts. I ended up making bogey on all 3 par 3's and also made a bogey on 18 to shot 40. 78 is still my best score out at St. Catharines this year, and with a net 72 I'm definitly in the Langly which is great, so still a good day.

Sunday was a different story. I played horrible on the front 9. Couldn't putt, couldn't drive the ball, couldn't really do anything. I ended up shooting 47. Made the turn and quickly double bogied the first hole. Then started to play well. Finished the last 8 holes even par with one birdie and a bogey. Shot 85. Horrible. However I won my first 2 skins of the year with a birdie on number 3, and a par on 7. So can't all wasn't lost on the day. I also lost a match to Cal, was 5 down with 8 to go and lost 2 down on the 17th hole. So I tried, but failed with a stubbed chip on the 17th which gave him him the match.

Next sunday is another Niagara Mens tour event. Playing some shit course called Riverview. I'm sure I played it maybe 15 years ago and it was shit then, doubt it is much better now. I'm also playing with some of the best guys on the tour, one of them wins the whole thing every year, so as Matt said, I better bring my A game. Should be to hard, thats the only game I got.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

You're gooooooood...

3:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done for getting in the Langley Cup, Harris. I know what you mean about the swing. It always takes me a few holes to get going, but then something clicks and you get on auto-pilot and everything is cool and the gang. But it can disappear so quickly. Stupid game for gays. My game's definitely improving after a break. I knw you'd be glad.

My tip for Riverview is "Smash the buggery out of it as hard as you can" Then go find it and smash it again. Always works for me. Good luck!

David

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home