Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Little Revenge

As golf season continues on Squash is coming to an end for myself. I've got a few more games left in the spring leagues and then I'll be gearing down to just 1 night a week for the summer league to focus on golf. You can tell at the club that just about everyone has chosen to ditch the club and maybe spend sometime doing something outside.

Last night a had a rematch with Mary Jane. Some of my reagular readers may remember her as the girl that beat me a while back. Well I didn't forget either and I made sure I got back at her. Again she stepped on the court and started wailing away at the ball. Over and over agian, she's just pounding the ball at the wall, running up and hitting drop shots to her self, really putting the effort into her warm up. Ridiculous if you ask me. I was practically falling asleep inbetween hitting a few shots amongst her madness.

Anyways, she warms up for about 10 mins and finally says she's good to go. I won the toss and begun the clinic. No way this chick was beating me again, especially after I recently lost to a girl in bowling. If i lost to a girl at something again I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it. I started off with a normal serve but wasn't getting anywhere with it so changed up to a lob sreve to the back corners, which turned out to be a great idea. With no answer to my serve I was quickly ringing up the points and before I knew it I was up 2 games, both won with sweet drop serves that she totally whiffed at.

3rd game I got up 8-6, but she came back and beat me 10-8. In the 4th game I fell behind 6-4 but got serious and battled back to win 10-8. I hadn't played in a little while, had someone not show up 2 weeks ago and was on a bye week last week. However, I played pretty well. Made a lot of good digs, and my drop shot was still on point.

I havent' been doing to well in the leagues so far this spring. Not playing enough now that it's golf season and stop taking leassons cause it was taking up golf time. I'll play tuesday nights over the summer to stay in shape for the fall, but thats about it for squash for the time being.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harris

I'm so glad for you that you finally beat a girl at something after losing to so many girlies at so many different sports for so long. Redemption must be sweet. Welcome back to the men's half of world. How does it feel to wear trousers again?

I read Matt's account of playing at the Conservatory course down at the Ginn Resort in Florida while you were away, together with the pictures. You are so right. While the Ocean course was very picturesque, the Conservatory was absolutely SPECTACULAR! I couldn't believe how much better it looked in Matt's pictures than in the pic's that he had taken off the net. I apologise for having doubted you and I promise never to do so again. And 54 holes in a day? That's some going. I don't know whether I could do that. I've played 36 in a day loads of times while carrying my own bag, and not always on the same course, but I've never done 54. A cart might help, mind, but I don't know.

So, sorry for having doubted you. You were right. Welcome back to the boys' room.

Take care.

David

5:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home