Thursday, March 26, 2009

Perfection

Last night I finished off my best season of squash so far.

As mentioned in my last post I've taken great strides in squash to improve my game over the winter. Finally, I have a sense of satisfaction for a lot of hard work. I guess it wasn't exactly hard work, but it was a lot of playing, practicing and lessons to get to this point. What is that point? I finished off my Monday night league undefeated. That's right, 10-0. This was my first time going a whole season without a loss, and will move me up to the top rank for Mondays. A very nice accomplishment for myself.

I will be looking to improve further. Mondays are actually the "easier" night for my league. Monday is no push over, but for some reason there seems to be more competition in the thursday night league. Not sure exactly why. A lot of the same people play monday as thursday, but for some reason I didn't play as well on thursday. I actually went 7-3 in my thursday night league. Pretty good, but I lost atleast 2 out of those 3 that I should have won. I went through a 3 week period where I played like absolute shit. How'd i turn it around? I played 4 days in a row one weekend with my buddy Tim who is consistently 1 level a head of me. I lost all 4 matches to him 5-0, but learned a lot. Just hitting nice solid lengths for 4 days really gave me an advantage. My backhand became such a smooth stroke that I've really jumped a head of my level. Everyone has a good forhand, but I've developed a great backhand, even my coach thinks it's better then my forhand. So that was the big improvement i made. I can hammer it to my opponents backhand all game long and dominate by keeping it on that side of the court.

So next season starts towards the end of april. I'll be playing in the 1 spot (out of 6) on mondays, and will stay at the 4 spot (out of 4) on thursdays. Hopefully I can hang with the guys at 1, I know there is some real good players at that level. But I really want to move up on thursday. If I can get to the number 2 seed on thursday by this time next year, I will have moved into the A division, something my coach said would take my 5 or 6 years. I'm on year 2. I'm gooooooood!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Two posts in a week!

Congratulations!

12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home