Friday, August 22, 2008

Score Golf List

My buddy Matt put up some post about the courses he's played on the Score Golf Top 100 courses, he's played way more then me on the list, and I thought I would break it down a little.

Only reason I looked at the list cause I wanted to see where Magna Golf course was on the list. I finally got an invite out to this highly private course in Aurora, Ontario from my sisters mother in law. It ranks 56th on the list, I thought it was higher, but doesn't matter, the course has a great reputation and should be amazing. I don't know to much about it, but I do know that you get a caddy and from my experience at Oakmont having a caddy, it makes the round 100 times better. Here is the link in case you want to check it out. www.magnagolf.com

Matts played 17 courses on the list, he doesn't feel thats enough. I don't really care how many I've played, but I counted anyways, and I've only played 9. I've got one up on matt. He hasn't played any course in the top 15. I've played 2 of the top 3 courses, so take that Matt. Played St. Georges last year for my Birthday, shot 79. I also played Hamilton Golf and Country Club many years ago, but I guess that one doesn't really count since I played it when I was 18.

The rest of my list is pretty much the same as Matt's. Glen Abbey, Deer Ridge, Wooden Sticks, Essex Golf and Country Club, Heron Pointe, Lookout, and Bond Head. I have to say Deer Ridge is probably the nicest of all of them. My father had a membership there for a few years and I would go and play maybe once a year with him out there, Matt came one time with us, phenominal course. Glen Abbey is ranked to high for what it is. Wooden sticks is a surprise it's on the list, but was a lot of fun to play. Lookout is a great old track, always a good round. Bond Head has no buisness being on the list. Essex is awesome.

Then there is good old Heron Pointe, my second home course. I've played that one maybe 40 times over the last 5 years cause my buddy Preston is a member there. I love that course but hate it. So difficult cause there is no rough out there, only high, thick, Fescue. I hate fescue. I guess I take Heron for granted cause I play it so much, but pretty cool that I play regularly on one of the top 50 courses in Canada. If for some reason I ever move closer to Hamilton, or a club link course opens in Niagara, I would definitly get a membership and play Heron weekly.

Didn't have much to say on the whole topin anyways. Just wanted to mention I was heading out to Magna tomorrow. I'll have a post on monday telling you all about. Going to be a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I'm envious. Oh, and I haven't played Essex either...that's just another course you promised to take me to but haven't.

I wonder why I set you up with Sarah...you treat me like a second class citizen!

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Harris said...

HAHAHA. Essex is in windsor, so would take some planning to get out there, but would be the easiest to get you on there. I have no control over Magna. I got the invite for 1 no guest. Had I got invited with a guest, I would have taken you as promised.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home