Monday, August 31, 2009

Success

Lately my game has been pretty good to say the least. I've posted 2 rounds of 72 in the last 2 weeks, and had a plethora of rounds in the 70's. Had good results in tournaments pretty much all year, and have dropped my handicap to a 3 (2.7) which is all great stuff. This weekend I was hoping to improve on this season by having a good day in the final mens tour event.

I had played Whirlpool earlier in the week and knew it would be a tough event due to the condition of the course. It's always more difficult to putt on shaggy greensm atleast for me. Unfortunatly nothing spectacular happened sat so no need for a big run down of the round. I really couldn't get much going. Started out par, double, par. Wasn't worried cause I thought I could get it back on the next 2 par 5's down wind. But I didn't get anything back with 2 bad approach shots on my second into the greens and made 2 pars. I'd give up another stroke on long par 6 after 3 putting. Then I'd lose a ball off the tee on 8 to make double and finish at 41 on the front. Not good enough.

The back 9 wasn't any better. I'd start out good with 2 pars before making a bogey on 12. Again, poor second into the par 5 13th and couldn't get up and down for a birdie, let along a par and bogey the hole. Made a good up and down on the 14th for par. 15 was a mess. I hit a big drive but pushed my second way right into the trees. Instead of punching out safe I hit an awful shot the went off a tree and behind me into the junk. Punched out but went to far and had another bad angle. Couldn't get up and down for a double and made a triple 8. It's now over. Par on 16 and 17. And then missed a putt on 18 for par to shoot 42. Awful 83 to finish somewhere in the 20's I think.

So had a bad finish. Although I can say that I finished 25 over all for the year and I am now exempt for the first time next year. This was my goal for the year and I'm happy to say I acheived it. Got a top 10 finish in there at GRand Niagara and was under 80 for 4 of the 6 rounds. A littel disapointed I didn't play better in the last event, but you win some you lose some.

Sunday was a cold but decent day at the home course. Played with Matt, Cal, and Ryan. Course was in phenominal shape leading up to the Canadian Tour championships this week. Rough was thick and deep and the greens were amazing. Kudos to Steve and the team for getting it in such amazing shape.

I played well again sunday. Proabably a mistake cause it's scaring Cal from playing me for the Langley. Had a double bogey on the 16th (played the back 9 first) and shot 40 on the first 9. PLayed better on the back shooting a 37 to finish at 77. Solid round happy with that. Had I played Cal today I would have beat him 3 and 2, but that doesn't mean shit. I've seen Cal play horrible one day and then play the langley match the next day and kill it so means nothing. Just looked at it for fun while eating breakfast.

Still think every thing is going well with the game and swing. Could slow my tempo down a little o be more consistent, will work on that. Otherwise, just got to keep playing. Getting tough cause football is only 2 weeks away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home