Friday, August 10, 2007

First taste of the year

Finally today I officially kicked off the Fantasy Football season. Although for me the season never really ends since i research all year round, i still made my first official move today.

In my one league the Ancaster Fantasy Football Federation (awful name) you are required to keep 4 guys. Pretty tough thing to do if you aren't always thinking ahead. Last year I made a few great moves and set myself up with Joseph Addai, Laurence Maroney, Marques Colston, and Donovan Mcnabb. By any standards, this was a good group no matter what. Addai is ranked in the top 5 this year, Maroney top 10, Colston is a top 12 WR, and Mcnabb is arguably the 4th or 5th best QB in the league when healthy. However, I wasn't comfortable with Mcnabb. He's been banged up the last 2 years, is getting older which has taken away his mobility to some degree, and the Eagles have absolutly no WR's except for a guy named Reggie Brown who could be #1 WR but hasn't done anything mind blowing to warrent that.

So I sent out some feeler emails to see who was interested in trading me someone more attractive. I first tried to get Lavernous Coles from the Jets. Offered a low pick, 6th round, and got rejected. Not really looking hard enough at the guys team, i should have realized he was keeping him anyways. So i turned to plan B. I inquired about Lee Evans from the Bills. Not really thinking the guy would give him up i asked anyways, but never thought I would have anything to give him. Low and behold, I wake up today and a proposal has been sent through from the Evans owner. Lee Evans and Cotchery (Jets #2 WR) for my 3.06 draft pick. I like it, good value, but I'm still stuck with Mcnabb. I ask the guy just to give me a day or 2 to accept it and proceed to offer everyone in the league Mcnabb for various 3rd round picks. What do you know, someone took the bait and gave me a 3.14 draft pick for Mcnabb. I quickly run to the computer and accept the Evans deal. I made out like a bandit as far as I'm concerned. Basically swap 3.06 for 3.14 for Evans. Great deal making, exactly how it should be done. Now i have Addai, Maroney, Colston, and Evans. Solid, very very solid. I have a first round pick in this league for only the second time in 4 years, and only missing one other pick. Usually i sell all my picks cause I can out draft guys in the later rounds, so this year I will be a force. Can't wait.

More Fantasy news to come. I have drafts on Aug 29 and 31, and Sept 3rd and 4th. Check back then for the beginning of 5 straight months of nothing but Fantasy Football.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

You need help.

7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home