Thursday, June 05, 2008

Close Call

Last night I kicked a chicks ass in squash, again. I had another match against Denise, the third time in the last little while. Of course I beat her again, but it was a close call.

she fucking hates it when I beat her. She's so nice to me anytime I see her around the club untill she actually plays me. Might be cause I talk shit to her each time we play.

So she showed up a little late last night, so i dig at her. "Thought you weren't showing cause you knew you were getting beat again?" Her smile quickly vanished on that one. So we begin the match. For some reason, a lot of people at the club want me to lose to these girls. With a few people watching and cheering on denise I begin the domination. I jump out quickly to a 2 game lead. I guess I kind of lost focus in the third game. Ended up losing 2 in a row and started to get a little worried.

5 game went the distance. I jumped on it and was up 6-0 when i hit this sweet little drop shot. She calls tin and I'm blown away. I look to the pro-denise crowd for a ruling, of course they say it was down. I couldn't believe it. I was so pissed. Through me off my game and the next thing I know, I'm down 7-6. I regroup, bear down, and managed to take the next 3 points and win the match, but it was a scare. she was so pissed. Saying she made all these mistakes and missed serves. Not sure what she's talking about, i question her, "You didn't miss that many, maybe 3?" She claims that she missed like 12 serves in the 5th game alone and should have ended it quickly. I really pissed her off when I started laughing at this statement. She figures she will get e next time, we will find out on Monday. I have to play her again, atleast it's another W for me, i believe I'm on the bubble for the playoffs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harris, dude, the reason everybody wants these girls to beat you is because you're acting like a jerk. You can't crow and talk shit about beating girls in front of people - that just makes you a really feeble girl yourself. It's fine to do it on the internet - that's the kind of thing people expect on the web. Be a man, man. Everybody expects you to beat her (you know, seeing as how you're bigger, stronger and faster than she is) - you can't boast about it and then laugh at her when you do beat her. Be cool.

You know, maybe she smiles at you and is so nice to you when she sees you off the court because she likes you. You might be in there. Don't bugger it up acting like a twat.

I hope she beats you next time - I'd laugh so hard. That'd learn you ... karmic retribution.

11:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, sorry, Harris. I didn't mean to get under your skin. It just felt like the post was a little out of character for you. You're normally so positive and happy and this just didn't sound like you.

I talk a hell of a lot whenever I'm playing anything, but I try never to mock anyone else for them playing badly or me having beaten them - I just don't think that's cool. If you're just joking though, maybe it's OK ... maybe she just doesn't know you well enough to get it.

Don't knock the older ladies. Actually, fuck it, I'm in my mid 30's so she's not old at all. And that's when they reach their peak, so she'll be absolutely voracious. And she's been round the block often enough to be able to teach you a thing or two, maybe.

And yes, I bet you would definitely kick my ass in squash. I love playing it (same as pretty much any sport) but I'm absolutely rubbish (same as pretty much any sport). I just stand at the back and smack it as hard as I can while talking all the time with whoever I'm playing against. I can never be arsed to go and get drop shots and I don't think quick enough to worry about trying to bounce it off the side walls. I've played a couple of times with a guy I play golf with who used to be in the top 10 in England at squash and he hammers me so bad every time, it's barely worth his while turning up. But I enjoy it and I bet I'd enjoy playing with you. You're a funny old bugger.

So sorry, man, I didn't mean to be a jerk. Maybe I just didn't understand the intricacies of everything that's going on from your post.

4:28 AM

 
Blogger Harris said...

no worries ED, it's always jokes with me.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home