Saturday, April 04, 2009

Our luck ran out

It's saturday morning and I'm working instead of playing golf. After a short run of saturday golf in march, the first saturday in april has brought cold shitty rain and has forced us to take a day off golf. I guess it was a little much to think we may be playing every weekend from here on out.

Last weekends golf didn't go as well as the first round. I found myself to be Matt for the day and blew it big time with a high 80 score while Matt and Call shot somewhere in the mid to low 70's. Whats up with that? Well, so far they are good and I'm not...yet.

Biggest problem so far is my approach shots to the green. I seem to be over clubbing huge. Can't remember exactly but last time I probably hit 5 or 6 shots into the green that soared over, bounced off a cart path, and sent me to the next tee with a "double bogey" otherwise known as an X.

What could be causing this? Does being in better shape make me hit the ball further? I'm using the same clubs I would have used last year. How can I be hitting the ball further then I was mid season last year in the second round of the year? Maybe i'm just flat out over swinging? Not sure what happened, but not a big deal to fix.

The swing in generla feels good for so early in the year. Once the weather gets a little better I'll have to get to the range and work out some kinks.

Lets hope for an improvement in weather for tomorrow. would be nice to play again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

You and Cal have fun. I'm still ridiculously sick and won't be playing.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home