Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Looking for a little help

So am looking to a new step in my game. I feel right now that I am just about to start playing as good as Matt. Right now I am putting up legitimate 80, 81, 82, and by legitimate, I mean i am counting evry stroke with no "computer doubles" and that actually excites me. Although I am not happy with the actual number, I am happy that on a bad day I can actually shot a respectable score. I like walking off the course with a 80 or 81 and being able to look back and say, "If I made just 2 or 3 shots out there I would have been 78 or 77. This is promising cause I can practice those few things (sand game) and put it all together for the championships. Basically I am happy with where my game is 2 weeks before club championships.

What I'm looking for help with is the new clubs I am thinking about getting. Recently I learned I can great a deal on taylor made clubs by not buying them from the pro shop at my club. Since the start of the season I have wanted to get a set of RAC clubs. I think Matt uses them, but I swear I didn't know that before wanting them. This is not another attempt to be like Matt. Anyways, so my cousin just got a new wedge from taylor made. It was the TP 52 degree wedge. The most beautiful wedge I have ever seen. Perfect wait, amazing face, just a great look at the club when you address the ball. So I asked him to look into a new set for me. I am thinking either the RAC MB TP, clubs 3 0r 4 to PW, or the RAC Forged TP. I don't really understand the difference between the 2. From what I can read about them, it seems like the MB is for a highly skilled player (like Matt) who wants to shape the ball a lot. The information on the forged style reads like it is more forgivable, but still gives you some of the positives of the MB. I'm leaning a little more towards the forged TP due to this. But any help you guys could give me on this would be appreciated.

On a side note:

I did not play poker last night. I am not an addict.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

The RAC irons are awesome I agree.

But they won't help your score dude.

Want help with your game? Buy Matt some new high threadcount towels for his new place and he might give you a lesson.

Seriously, he knows your game better than you do. He's that good.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

I don't play the RAC irons (I play Taylor-Made but they're the 5 year old 300 series) so I can't help you there.

You should make sure you test out the clubs before purchasing...does the club have demos? You can demo from them but buy from the cheaper guy.

And yeah, Mr. Toast is right...the RAC irons won't help your score...for goodness sakes your irons are a year old or something!

And Toast is right about another thing...Both he and I know your game better than you do...

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home