Monday, May 28, 2007

Family Cruise

I just returned from my first Family vacation in 10 years. The whole clan took a cribbean cruise for my fathers 60th birthday. all the aunts and uncles, sister and brother in law, parents, and myself.

We were on The Caribbean Princess. It was a vey nice ship. Basically seemed like a luxury hotel on water. Rooms were a little small, but i had one all to myself with a balcony so it was much nicer then most other rooms. The weather was extremely hot and humid. Whenever we stopped at a port it was almost unbearable, but on the open sea there was always a nice breeze so it wasn't that bad. I probably gained about 10 to 15 pounds from eating all day long, and drinking way to much.

We stopped at 3 islands. St. Marteen, St. Thomas, and a private beach in the Bahamas. all 3 places were very nice. The beach was just that, and the other 2 were just a lot of shops. Seemed like jewelry was the big thing to buy down there. I didn't get any, but i did come out with some great pieces of art for my home. I bought a couple small prints from come artist in St. Marteen. My sister and mom bought this beautiful pieces from an artist in St. Thomas, and part of the deal was getting 2 smaller prints that I was lucky enough to get. I also bought my first piece of real art. I bought a piece by one of the most popular artist around right now, Godard. e paints all these really cool pictures with olives and grapes almost like a cartoon. The series of painting is called "Don't drink and draw." Very cool stuff. I had nothing on my walls so it's was cool to find a bunch of stuff that i really liked all in one place. Very satisfied with the purchases.

Not much else to say. Had a great time with the family, relaxed the whole time, and now it's just back to work. Missed 2 weekends of golf, so looking forward to getting back on the links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home