Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Getting sick of these posts.

This weekend I had another event for the Niagara Mens tour. Lets just say things went horribly wrong.

Playing this piece of shit course called Riverview Golf Club, for the first time ever, I found myself at the bottom of the stnadings for the day. I played horribly the whole round with not a single bright spot on the card. I made a lot of double boogies, a couple triples, and no one single birdie. I haven't made a birdie all freakin year on the tour. I had a chance on the first hole after hitting the green in 2, but ended up 4 putting for a bogey. I would go on to par the next 4 holes. There were these small little water hazards all over the front 9 marked by red/white sticks. I hit into water a few times without even realizing it was there. This makes me think I don't pay enough attention to what I'm doing. I tried to say it was difficult playing on shit courses, but my dad quickly put that excuse to rest. Everyone else had to play on it so whats the difference. He's right. I just suck.

My challenge bet for the year is now taking a turn for the worse. After 27 rounds this year I should be playing much better then I am now. But I'm not. It's either cause I'm trying to hard or cause I just flat out suck. My jerk friends are riding me about it and taking a lot of joy in the fact that I am playing like shit. I've got 2 more weeks of squash and then I'll have more time to practice and work on my game. Still got a month and a half to get ready for club championships and the next tour event. I'll be away with the family in July and miss an event, but the next one is at Lockness Links in welland and is one of my all time favourite courses. I've played a hundred times out there and never really played bad. The first year on the tour I played great out there except for the last 3 holes when I blew up cause of nerves. Won't happen this time around.

I'll also mention in the post I beat Denise again last night. 3-0. Didn't talk shit. But did prove that when it all comes down to it, I'm one fantastic guy. Even with my shit talking and I'll kick your ass attitude towards Denise, she still wants me. Proven last night by asking me for golf lessons. Don't think my girlfriend would be to happy with me doing that so I'll have to pass, but it just proves how cool I am, and that ED knows nothing about chicks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does her wanting you prove that I know nothing about chicks? I fucking told you that she wanted you in the first place. It was YOU that got all defensive about it and said she was too old and only a 6 and that you wouldn't tap it with Matt's. Or something like that.

I always knew you were cool and a fantastic guy. That's why I got on you in the first place - 'cos you're better than that. But you are right, though. If I wasn't engaged, I would know nothing about chicks and I would clearly be gay, because I used to have bugger-all luck with girls before I met the current one.

The golf WILL get better (sorry for all the capitals - I'm not smart enough to know how to use bold and italics in these). Again, you're clearly better than you are at the moment. I've played like absolute shit for a few weeks now, but it's coming back. Although I have got the shanks with the wedges, which sucks big time. Laugh away. Every time I get within 130-140 yards of the green, I end up hitting it literally 80 yards sideways. But I'll beat it 'cos I'm great, and so will you 'cos so are you.

Give Denise golf lessons and deliberately teach her all the wrong things so that she can't hit worth a shit. Tell her left hand below right on full swings or something. I'd laugh if you did that.

David

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Harris said...

ED, don't get married. Think about it. Have you ever actually heard someone say get married? Or say it was a good idea 1 year down the road?

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

Actually ED, his golf WON'T get better.

You see, our old boy Harris has been bitten by the love bug and he's in deep smit right now.

I expect him to become like his squash buddies Dave Somerville and Adam Ratkovsky - we'll see Harris about once a month because he's out looking for linens with his woman.

You add that together with the fact that football season is just around the corner and I expect Harris to bail out on golf right around the second week of August.

Toast and I are thinking of taking up squash just so we see Harris more. But we declined because we were afraid of the effect it would have on Harry when we were beating him at the game within a week of taking it up.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Harris said...

thats pretty funny matt.

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

What's going on? No talk of your great weekend on the course?!?

Oh yeah, you're already looking ahead to fantasy football - golf season is over.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home