Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I need to hit the Gym.

Just made it through a pretty decent long weekend if I do say so myself. Actually, a well deserved one as my week of work leading up to it was absolute hell. Just glad it's over.

I was maybe a little ambisious this weekend, attempting to get in 4 rounds over 4 days. Well I guess it's not that hard on paper, but didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would.

Friday was a perfect day to get out after work. Working on gettting Ryan and Steve to come out regularly, so far looks good, but not this week. Anyways, I have a great time playing with those guys. This week we were joined by the club pro Drew which was actually great. It was the first time the head pro from my course came out to play with me. He's a phenominal putter aside from have an all around great game. I actually played my best round of the weekend on friday. shot 41 on the front and then turned around and posted a 35 on the back to shoot 76. Ya, could have been lower with a better front, but I was happy with it. Made some great shots. On 11 I dunked a lob shot from about 15 yards off the back of the green for a birdie. Chipped in from the fringe on 12. On 16 I found myself 245 out right beside ryan. I tell him to make sure he hits a good layup cause I'm going for the green. He said no way it gets there. I ended up killing one perfectly at the pin and it landed about 6 or 8 feet away. I left the putt on the edge for eagle, still a great birdie. Ended up with a bogey on 18. Good times.

Saturday started off well enough, but I had to quit after 9 to go to work. I had people working that day and I felt bad being on the course while they are working. So i left and went back to the office. My attempt at being a good boss.

Sunday was a perfect day for golf again. We had phenominal weather friday, sunday and monday. I found myself to be a little tired sunday morning. Ended up dragging my ass around the course struggling to make good swings. Shot low 80's. Can't remember exact score, very unremembarable round.

Monday was more of the same except I was even more tired. Late nights early morning weren't agreeing with me this weekend. I schlepped my fat ass around the course again with little to no effort as I had nothing left in the tank. Shot 86 with a bunch of holes not even finished.

Not my best scoring, but definitly a great weekend none the less.

I'm a little worried about my conditioning. I got so tired playing only 18 holes a day. I'm going away with Matt for the most ridiculous golf trip ever in 2.5 weeks and we are slotted play a minimum of 36 holes a day. Probably expected to play at least 45 or 54, all WALKING. I walk every time I play but i've never walked 36 in a day. So i have to get some training in the gym or something. I think i need to stengthen my legs back to where they were a few weeks ago. The golf has killed my squash game so I've lost a good amount of endurance and put on some weight i lost. Not happy with my condition right now.

I've got a short amount of time, but i'm closer than most and will get in decent enough shape for the heavy amount of golf.

OK, let the mocking and ridicule begin. I'm ready for it and deserve it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

The only mocking and ridicule I have for you is in regards to the status of our matches for the year.

6&5 on Monday for those at home :) Win all three days this weekend and now something like 8 of the last 9 since you started 2-0 and said you'd beat me every game this year.

Will I even need my wallet in Colorado?

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I’m really impressed together with your writing skills as well as with the layout for your weblog. Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, I also have information about the best new residential project BPTP Luxe Villas in Gurgaon.

4:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your post, it’s very interesting and useful for us, this may be very helpful to all.. Avalon Rangoli

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home