Monday, August 21, 2006

I got a small fix

Last night was my first fantasy football draft of the year. Thank god for some well deserved football action. All in all, I think I did pretty well in the draft. I was fortunate enough to get the second pick in the draft which yeilded a tight Ladanian Tomlinson. I was very excited about this pick, i was also able to handcuff him to Micheal Turner, so I'm set with that position. I also added with my next 3 picks 3 RB. Reggie Bush, Chester Taylor, and Kevin Jones. Very solid in my opinion. I than took 2 Qb's since we have to start 2, Brett Favre and Marc Bulger. Later I added Jake Plummer and J.P. Losman. I read an article on 2 QB leagues with the suggestion of having 4 QB's to rotate with the best schedule, so we'll see how that works out. I waited a long time to take some WR's so that is my weakest area. Everyone was making some crazy picks after the first few rounds, so I couldn't help myslef. It al started when Matt took a DB in the 4rth round. This blew my mind, but it continued with guys taking defense' and Kickers in the 4rth to 8 th round, so I kept taking whatever starters I could. Came out with very modest WR's in Kennan McCardell, Eddie Kennison, Matt Jones, Micheal Jenkins, Todd Heap, Ben Watson, Troy Williamson. If I can get 1 or 2 surprises out of these guys I should have a good team. The league is set up extremely different from anything I have ever played in and has 10 guys, so I am looking forward to this league even though there is barely any money in it.

In other news, I took all of Matt's money on friday night playing poker for the first time in over a year. Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

I wish I took some of Matt's money, but I was a major donator as well that night. Nicely played 2-5 hearts tho dude -- break his spirit and ride him home.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

You guys are mean.

Jerks.

BTW: I took the DB in the 8TH ROUND, not the fourth.

Still 10 rounds too early but that's my fault for not looking at the scoring schedule. I don't even know why they HAVE defensive players in that pool. They get NO POINTS.

Oh well...lesson learned.

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home