Monday, August 07, 2006

I suck

The Club Championships went terrible. I opened up with an 81 on the saturday. I actually thought that I was in somewhat decent shape, but after seeing the rest of the scores i came to realize I was done. Almost 15 of the 20 guys came in under 80, probably even under 78, so I was way off from the cut with no hope really. I had to shoot a 72 on sunday to make the cut.

Things didn't go very well on sunday either. I was 5 over on the 7th hole. But i made a birdie, and things seemed like they would improve. However, on 8 i lost a ball in the somehow with out hitting it out of bounds, and I took a double. 7 over after 9. 10th hole, i hit a great drive, followed up by a great 4 iron from 225, to 15 feet from the cup, and drained a huge putt for eagle. Alright, things are getting better. I was thinking, if I can get a birde on the easy 11th, I'm only 4 over, and I could probably par out for a 76 from there. Boy was I wrong. I lipped out the birdie putt on 11, and than got in line behind 4 groups on the 12th. This is where everything went wrong.

After waiting for close to 1/2 hour, I hit my 6 iron into the water. Chipped up to the green, and than 3 putted from 8 inches for a solid 7. My group was 5, 6, 7, on this par 3, great hole. I than boogied the next 2 and I was done. Par out from there, finished 83.

There was way to many good players in the open division this year anyways, so it didn't really matter, other than I didn't make the cut, which was my only goal. Oh well, theres always next year.

So golf is basically done for me this year. 2 more tour stops, which don't matter cause I sucked so bad at the start, and football starts in 5 weeks, so my sunday game is done after that. So all attention is basically on fantasy football now. I just found out I got the 1st pick in one of my redraft leagues. It's been years since I had a stud on my team, so thats cool. Now i just have to decide between Larry Johnson, Steven Alexander, or Ladanian Tomlinson. I'll let you know how it goes at the end of august.

Good Luck to Cal today. He's in 4th, and looking to play well enough to get in the money today. Hope he pulls it off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - how about this, a real comment:

Dude, I love reading your stories about smoking weed and playing golf. Man I miss those days. I never played golf back then, but I can really see where golf and weed could really be a good combination.

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Mcafee spyware removal 2002 australian open tennis

11:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home