Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Injury Madness

The injuries this year in training camp are absolutly atrotious (i have no idea if i spelled that correctly). So many hammies this year, steve smith, terrel owens, just one player after another. Devistating injuries to the Cleveland line, curtis martin, dominick davis, the list just goes on and on. The most important injury hurt me the most. Clinton Portis, the guy my whole frnachise is based around, has hurt his shoulder and is out the rest of the preseason with a chance to play in the opener. The only bright spot about him is that my team can't win this year even if I have a fully healthy Portis. I can ride out the injury untill next year, but I still hope he's o.k. obviously.

I'm stuck with a lot of draft problems aswell. I don't really seem to be in a good position for any of my leagues. Ya, i got the first pick for one and will get LT or LJ but after that the first pick really sucks. I have to wait for 23 guys to go off the board each time before I pick again. Thats a huge drop off from player to player. I have the 6th pick in my 2 man keeper league. so i'm looking at the 30th best player in the league. Not bad, but it's not going to be who I want it to be. This was my best chance, I thought, to get Reggie Bush, but the guy picking first told me last night he's taking him. BOOOOOOO. With my portis draft I'm still really fucked, no pick untill the end of the 4th round in a 14 team league with 4 keepers, you do the math and figure out how fucked I am.

All in all, how can i complain. Football startes in 22 days, 9 hours, and 38 minutes. It's so close I can smell it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home