Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I lost sleep over this one

In one of my fantasy leagues, the one where Clinton Portis is my franchise, I had a great pick that was going to help me a year away. It was perfect. I found a guy who was a 3rd stringer this year, but he was going to be bumped to 1st string next year for sure. Jerious Norwood, from Atlanta. He is a rookie running back that was almost an unknown. I'm sure the other people in my league knew of him, but wouldn't be targeting him because of his status on his team. Than last night at about 11 PM i hear my phone vibrate and i checked it. I never check it this last at night, but for some reason I did. It was an email letting me know that T.J. Duckett was being traded to the Washington Redskins. My heart stopped for a second. As i read on my prediction was unfolding right in front of me, just a week to early. Basically everything i predicted about Norwood was coming true, but a week before i could draft him. Duckett gone, and Warrick Dunn being 31, make it a perfect situation for this guy to start next year. This is terrible in my league, because young starting RB are the premium. Because it's a keeper league with 14 teams and 4 keepers each, it's all about finding the next guy. So i had excepted that Bush, Maroney, Deangelo Williams, and Lendale white would all go off the board early and I had all the confidence in the world that Norwood would drop pretty far in the draft where I could grab him with my first pick at 4.14. Now all of a sudden that will be a stretch for him to drop that far. Now i am trying to trade my shitty picks of 4.14 and 5. 1 for a pick that is either the very first of the 4th or the second to last pick in third. But i have nothing to offer other than my 4.14 & 5. 1 picks. This probably won't be enough, and now i'm back to trying to find someone else. I couldn't sleep after reading that email, and now i'm dead tired. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home