Monday, January 22, 2007

I had an expensive weekend

Altough I spent a fortune this weekend, it was all for the betterment of Harris. I started off on Friday finally confirming late winter golf trip. My buddy preston and I booked a trip sunny Arizona for 8 days, 6 rounds of golf, and hopefully a tonne of pussy. We rented a house in Scotsdale, located very close to ASU, atleast thats what the rental lady told me. So far the trip is coming together nicely. For this whole house for the 2 of us, it's costing us just 500 each for 7 nights. The flight cost of 275 CAN. The golf could turn out 1 of 2 ways. First scenario is we buy this card for 125 which lets us play for half price everywhere we go. In that case we are looking at spending roughly 300 US for 6 rounds of golf. However, things could work out a little better. If all goes well, we could play 3 or 4 rounds of golf for free at a couple of private courses. One being Silverleaf (http://www.silverleaf.com/golf/), it's supposed to be 180 000 to join this place. It looks amazing. So the trip is booked and now we just wait for the day to come. April 16th.

Then on saturday i took a trip the the Electronic Supermarket. I went in just looking for a home theatre system. Just wanted to know the pricing, specs, what's good/bad. After thinking about it for maybe a minute, I decided to buy a whole system. 12000 later and I'm at home trying to figure out how to run speaker cable to everything. I bought a really nice 5 speaker set, sub woofer, and reciever. It made the sound 10000 times better. I can't believe the difference. Not that is wasn't expected. Football was amazing yesterday. Every hit, sound effect, the crowd, it was like being at the game. Pretty freaking sweet.

Big night of 24 and Prison break tonight, in hi-def, and surrond sound. I can't freakin wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

$12,000 or $1200????

If it's the former, are you guys hiring?!?

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Harris said...

1200

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Toast said...

Jesus Harry, I read 12k and immediately wondered when you became an audiophile. Then i saw the comments :)

$1200 no biggie, $12k and I'm becoming a fuckin' glove cleaner tomorrow because there's obviously some bling in running a glove-cleaning sweatshop.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home