Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Well I did it

I finally did something stupid so that I would have something to tell everyone about. I played poker. I suck at poker. I have no skill, i don't understand the game that well, I have no idea what the odds are of me getting a hand, i don't know how to bet, nothing. PLaying with the usual suspects last night, I donated $60 in about 1 and half hours, and said good night. It was all my fault. I think it was 3 times, I decided to call Jason and Cal's bluffs with absolutly nothing in my hand, only to find out they weren't trying to bluff at all. Actually, they were both pretty confident that if they pushed I would follow, and I did. I suck a poker. This isn't like golf where I say I suck, but actually I'm pretty good compared to the average player. In poker, I'm pretty much worse than the below average players. That might even be taking to much credit. I have a great time playing. I make fun of Gary, jab at Bergen, raz Matt, but i just loose money, every time.

Over the weekend, i got a taste of Fantasy Football. I'm back on the horse for 3 more weeks. # other guys I know from Toronto started a fantasy playoff league. we did it last year, but improved some of the rules and roster limits this year. What happens is there is a draft just like the normal season, except you only pick players from playoff teams. You start the full lineup at the start and there is no changes, as teams get eliminated so do your players. We drafted 24 guys each. 3QB, 5RB, 7WR, 3K, 3TE, 3D. This style of Fantasy is much more difficult. You have to try to draft players based on how you think the playoffs will turn out. This is a challenge for me cause I am horrible at picking the winners or spread, and especially in the playoffs where anything can happen (see Pittsburgh Steelers of 2006). I don't have my lineup handy, but I'm in third place (out of 4) after the first weekend, and I only have 13 players left, the lowest amount by far. So i'm pretty much out of this thing. I love playoff football. I don't need the fantasy to make it better. Reagular season FF ruins football for me, this just gives me a side project for a couple weeks. So enjoy the post season. This weekend, nothing is going to happen. I'm going to the leafs/sabres game this thursday with Preston, should have something to say about that on friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home