Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What was I thinking?

Last night I'm sitting comfortably on my couch with the Boss man, watching The Protecter (coolest action movie I have seen) when my buddy Tim messages me. "Harris, you want to go pick ice wine grapes?"

I think to myself, why the fuck would i want to subject myself to that? I can't stand the cold, especially -10 degrees in the middle of the night. Somehow, he convinces me that it would be a good experience to say you did it one time. So i get the boss already to go, put on 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, hat, glove, big coat, and I'm on my way to pick some grapes.

We get there and there is about 50 people going at it. Of course, we were the only dumbasses volunteering to do this. Everyone else there was getting paid almost 19 bucks and hour and they were all business. We actually pissed some people off cause we were to slow. The practically trampled us on there way through. This lasted for a good 25 minutes at which point we realized this wasn't really for us. So we stopped picking, had a beer and left.

Wasn't what i was expecting, but it wasn't all that bad either. Atleast I did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home