Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Championship

For the second year in a row I have reached a championship game in Fantasy Football. Lt and a couple other guys have led my team easily through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. The trash talking league is my biggest money pool, and is filled with a bunch of my friends. Some from around here and the rest all live in Montreal. I have drawn a line between the two provinces, and how fitting is it that I play for the title against a montrealer. Pretty funny stuff, Preston, Darnel, dustin, and Matty are all on my side, rooting for me to bringing home the cup. The league is named for the amount of trash talking that goes down in this pool, and if by some miracle I win, i won't be able to contain myself for the joy of writting that email. But lets first take a look at the matchup. This should be my starting lineup.

The Glove Prince (Me, of course)

Romo or Hasselbeck

Superman (LT)
T. Henry
TJ Whosyourmama
L. Coles
M. Furrey
G. Jennings

vs

Les Boys (J Ep) - probably the toughest team, in my eyes.

No qb (Cutler/Leinart/V Young)

C. Taylor
Westbrook
Berrian
Burress
Fitz
Wayne

Those are 5 super strong players. This will be my hardest matchup without a doubt. my biggest advantage has been Lt outscoring 3 or 4 players on the other team. But his team really negates Lt, Westbrook can easily put up LT numbers one week. Plus all those WR's he has are way better than mine. I was hoping this guy would get bounced by one of the crappy teams in the playoffs, but I did figure i would have to play him eventually. The 2 best teams in the league squaring off. Whats funny about playing J -Ep is I never met the guy before, but I talk to him all the time. we did a deal one time early in the year, and now talk back in forth all the time. Mostly about how shit everyone was, and we both always thought we would meet in the championship. I can't wait for this sunday.

In all I had a pretty good fantasy year. I complained a lot about my teams, but when I look back i did better than most. Here's where I finished, or am at in all my leagues.

Trash Talking is a must - see above, Finished 6th and the points champion

Ancaster Fantasy Football Federation - Made the playoffs, lost first round, finished 9th out of 14

Tom Cruise Fans - finished dead last, with probably my best team out of all 5 leagues.

Skidley's NFL - Squeezed into the last playoff spot, finished 4th, playoffs this week and next.

Panda Ball - finished 2nd dominating the reagular season with only 2 L's, got bounced in the first round by the 7th seed team.

4 out 5 playoffs made is pretty good in my book. Update next week on the big game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Just to let Harry's two readers know, he won the championship of the Trash Talking League last night.

Congrats buddy. Look forward to the great trash talk post you've got coming!

6:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home