Monday, February 26, 2007

It's been awhile

I haven't had anything to talk about so my blogging has taken a serious hit lately. The biggest problem is the fact that it is winter right now and I have nothing to do. Football is over, golf is on hold, and I don't do anything else. I've been watching the reagular stuff on t.v. Prison Break gets better every week. 24 sucks but I still watch. The Wire is my new favourite show. I have one more episode to go in the third season and it just keeps getting better. 1 more season to go. Watched the movie the Departed yesterday, just before it won the oscar. What a great movie. Haven't seen a movie like this in a long time where I finished and thought it was actually really good.

My trip to Arizona took a bit of a hit last week. My friend Preston broke his freakin wrist last week playing basketball. The doctor told him 6 weeks to heal, we have 7 before we go. It's not going to cancel the trip or anything like that, but he's going to have a tough time playing I assume. I broke my forearm a few years ago. when the cast came off it was pretty week, but I didn't miss a beat playing football and basketball right after it came off. Hopefully he can push through any pain. Atleast theres other guys coming with us, so no matter what I'm still playing golf everyday.

I bought a new club today. Taylor Made Rescue Club, 2 iron, TP version. Got some asian shaft on it. Not a fuji but must be good if it's named after an asian person, i guess. Plus it's got weights in it so you can adjust the ball flight. My weights will be whatever combination you need to keep the ball straight. Here's a link to the club. Should have it in time to play in arizona. I can hit my 3 iron rescue pretty far, about 230 on a good one, so hopefully this new one gives me the a little extra distance to go for more par 5's and more accuracy on shorter par 4's where i don't really need a driver. Also my playing partners and myself like to torture ourselves as much as possible at any course. This brings up the odd 230 yard par 3 into the wind which should play nicely to the new club. How far can you hit your 2 Iron Matt, about 220? Hopefully you do, that way I know I'll be hitting mine about 250.

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/product_detail.asp?pID=22

Thats about it. i don't even have a good story to tell or anything like that. I'll work harder at doing stupid things for all my readers out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home