Wednesday, February 07, 2007

T.V. shows

I'm writting this one with nothing on my mind. I just figured I should post something to keep the loyal readers coming back. I couldn't even think of a title.

One thing I didn't do was update on Monday night t.v. Prison Break was phenominal. I have to spare the details cause I'm hoping Cal and Matt start watching it, but it blew me away this week. THis show is so freakin good, that it is ruining 24 for me. Since it is on at 8 and 24 at 9, I'm watching them back to back. But I'm so pumped after an hour of prison break and thinking about the next episode, I barely pay attention to 24. And it's actually getting a lot better this year. Bauer has made some serious moves, including torturing his brother for the second time in 2 hours. I think that brings the tally up to 4 victims conuting the brother twice. And what a great twist at the end of the show this week. It's great that is finally improving, it just doesn't have the same effect as years past.

I have also discovered that I might be more into T.v. shows right now than I am movies. Movies have been horrible lately. I can't even remember the last movie I rented or went and saw and walked out afterwards thinking that was a great one, or even a good one. So i've started DVD T.V. shows. Right now i'm in the middle of the first season of The Wire. I have been trying for a while to get into this show. Its very good. An HBO drama set in Baltimore Projects. It shows the story of 2 sides, one being the cops side trying ot bust Avon Berksdale, the biggest drug dealer in Baltimore. The show does a great job of developing each character, storyline, and has a lot of surprising angles. One of the most surprising things was there is one character named Omar. He is this bad ass mother fucker, who is basically the robin hood of the projects. He has a small crew of 2 people and he kills and steals from the drug dealers, and just gives the drugs away for free. But he is a bad ass, and sows no mercy, great character. After about 3 episodes with him in it, you find out he's gay. I was shocked. I mean, its not like its the reason to watch the show, but it just shows the creativity. Anyways, I'm almost done season 1, there is 4 season. I'll let you know in a few weeks how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home