Monday, February 12, 2007

How to fill the void?

After experiencing my first sunday with absolutly no football in the last 5 months, i fully realized my dependency on the NFL. I was lost yesterday. I woke up feeling umcomfortable knowing I had nothing to do all day. No purpose, no drive. I turned the computer on, but quickly realized there was no sunday updates. turned on TSN only to find some crappy hockey news on instead of Chris Berman and the gang. It was actually a little depressing.

So what was my day filled with on the first of 7 months with no football? I started off by watching another episode of the wire. Followed by about 4 more after that. I'm now well into the second season, and the show keeps improving. Preston came down for the day. He is also lost without football. He would come down to my place every week to watch, now hes in the same boat as me. We played Tiger Woods for a while, and some fifa, but that just didn't cut it. I rented some movies, but they didn't get watched yet. I somehow got through the whole day, and actually went to sleep early with no night game on. Although i was relatively rested today after a good nights sleep, I still feel drained from no football. The off season is here, and I hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home