Monday, February 05, 2007

Super sunday means awful monday

Yesterday was the last day of football sunday for the next 7 months. Holy shit, what the fuck am I going to do for 7 months of no football. well, I'll probably start by still looking up news everyday and ingulf myself in pre-draft news, draft day, combine, basically try to make all the stuff in the offseason that is as boring as hell for everyone else seem interesting. I do like following it, it gives me a great edge on my keeper leagues for fantasy football.

On to the superbowl.

What started off with the first ever kickoff return in Superbowl history by Devon Hester of the Chi Bears, was one of the best SB's i have seen in awhile. I wasn't even shocked after this return. I was saying all week, if the bears are going to win this game, Hester would be MVP and they would score abour 17 points and hold the colts. I turned to my cousin after the return and smirked with a look like, I just called it. BUt then everything turned around. Peyton got focused after his first pass was picked off. Rex Grossman got picked early too, but only the colts learnt from this. Where as the Bears continued to throw the ball down field looking for the big play, Manning just kept hitting short 3 or 4 yard passes while the Bears D dropped back over and over again making sure to not let up any big plays. Besides the D not allowing Peyton to go deep, why would he. It was pouring rain, windy and basically impossible to throw more than 10 yards with any accuracy or velocity which is most important with the speed of the DB's. Peyton and the colts executed this perfectly to the tune of 22 points (7 was off a defensive touchdown) while holding the bears to only 10 points (7 off the kick off return) to win the game 29 - 17 (i think). Regardless, it was a great game, Peyton got the MVP and I was actually happy to see them win a game. I've said it before, I like watching the best be the best. Peyton has always been great, but never got the respect he deserves. Now, he will no doubt go down as one of, if not the best QB of all time, and we got to watch him take a huge step last night. He now goes from being a Marino, Kelly type of QB, to being in the same class as Montana, Young, Aikman, even Tom Brady.

Great game, 7 months to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I think you and I should join a 'Front Office Football' multiplayer league. I think we'd both get addicted pretty quick and it would satisfy our need to build teams, draft, trade, etc.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Harris said...

whatever that is, if it involves football, i'm sure I can get into it.

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home