Monday, April 02, 2007

Relief

Finally after months and months of anticipation I got to play some golf this weekend. After missing out on saturday due to a fantasy baseball draft Matt and I got out for 9 holes sunday afternoon. I arrived late for breakfast thinking it was raining all morning and no way Matt and cal would play. Luckly they were both still at the club playing cards. So i grabbed a huge breakfast, ran home to change and drop Harper off at my moms and headed back to the club for some golf. Got out to the first tee and i asked the guys "are we cool for rain." To which they responded "just some light sprinkle is going to hit us." Matt tees it up and just as he starts his back swing a terenial down pour arrives putting a halt to the game. Out of frustration of wanting to play so badly I declare I'm playing a few holes anyways. Its wasn't cold at all and I was already out there and wet, so why not swing the club a few times. So i walk up and tee up a ball in the pouring rain. After a very weak practice swing a go to hit my drive. I can't say exactly where the ball went cause I lost it off the tee, I was distracted by my $800 driver flying through the air after it slipped out of my hands, flew 20 yards forwards, off a tree, and landed dead in the centre of the cart path. Best start to the season I have ever had. After we got about half way down the first fairway to rain stopped and it was actually pretty decent weather considering. Warm enough to have the sleeves rolled up, and dry enough in the fairways. although I didn't hit very many fairways, it was a great day regardless. I forgot my putter at home so I wasn't putting, but still enjoyed working out the sticks. If the weather can stay nice for a couple days and minimal rain we might get out again. Even if we don't it's only 2 weeks untill I go to Arizona.

Thank God golf season is back. Now it's just waiting for football to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home