Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm moving to Arizona

Just returned from the my 8 day vaca in Arizona. We had an amazing time. Played 117 holes of golf in 6 days. Basically the best golf courses I ever played. all of them were very difficult, fast greens, sometimes gale force winds, hard as concrete, and the most perfect conditions I have ever played in. I played really well for the week. My irons were amazing. I really it them better then I ever have. Also my driver was on point all week. I was bombing one after another straight down the pipe. And playing over 7000 yards everyday i needed every bit of it. My chipping and putting was pretty good too. It took me about 2 days to figure out how to play all these courses. It was all about running the ball up to the hole. You couldn't put any spin on the ball near the greens, and the contours of the greens made you play really cool shots. I would be 15 feet from the pin, but have to turn 90 degrees and hit a shot up a hill so that it would roll backwards to the hole, just amazing shots. I even made the great chip in for par one day where I had to chip it about 2 feet, stop it on top of a large slope, and then it just slowly rolled down about 18 feet straight in the cup. I was mid 80's on all the courses tat were over 140 slope, and shot 80 and 81 on the course that were 130 to 133. Not bad considering i've never seen these courses before, and it was my first rounds of the year. One thing I can say is, I am ready to play this year. I just feel it. My swing was on point this week. I have a tourny with Matt this monday at a bridgewater. The one thing I remember from playing that course last year was the speed of the greens. Luckly, I am coming off of playing the fatest greens I ever played for a week. I'm feeling good Matt, we are making a run at this thing, I promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Wish I could have gone...

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home