Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Still waiting

It's getting warmer and warmer and I'm dying to play golf. This weekend on sunday it was freezing cold. Probably about 3 degrees and the golf course I live on was packed. 150 golfers made it out with carts and everything. I would have never played in those conditions, but it made me want to play even more. Atleast the weather is turning and i more than likely will get atleast one round in before my trip to arizona.

Life with the Harper (my dog) is going great. He is a great dog and has made the tranisition to living with me very well. He is extremely well behaved, loves to just ay on the couch, and seems like he is always happy. Our favourite thing to do right now is take long walks on the golf course. We start out on the first hole and just randomly walk all over the course. I take a tennis ball with me and play fetch with him here and there. He wanders off sniffing stuff and running around, but the great thing about it is he never lets me get to far away. He will always run right back to me. It's actually a lot of fun for me to walking out there. I get excersise which is great cause I've been doing nothing all winter, and it makes me feel good to know that he is happy. Even though it's only been a week of us doing that, i can tell that my endurance for walking is getting better. I'm hoping it actually helps on the course when I'm playing. I found myself getting tired last year by the end of the round. How sad is that? Tired from walking to much. Of course any golfer will tell you that walking the course for 4.5 hours if much harder than people think. But still, i'm young and capable, i shouldn't be so tired. I also think thats why I tended to tail off at the end of my rounds. Just getting tired physically by the end probably effected me mentally aswell and i don't concentrate the same way i do at the start of a round. Oh well, it's not like its my only problem. On top of being tired, I still suck even if i'm not tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I promise you that we'll be playing sometime next weekend...hopefully Friday (Good Friday).

Even if the club isn't open, we should get out somewhere else but my guess is that St. Kitts will be open by Wednesday next week.

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home