Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Another good read for you Cal

Last night I finished of my offseason for fantasy football with the last draft. This one was for the very first league I joined. It's with all of my friends from high school, and we have been at it for i think 5 years now. It's a 2 player keeper league, start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, no flex players. I have not done very well in this pool so I took a whole new approach to it this year.

My keepers are Stephen Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald. I'm happy with that. My new approach was to go very heavy on the WR. I don't remember exactly cause I was plastard by the end of the draft, but I think I took my first running back in about the 8th or 9th round. That is crazy as far a FF goes. Anyways, the draft wasa complete mess. We changed sites over the summer and this seemed to cause massive confusion fora few people in the league. Basically they couldn't figure out how to draft. Yahoo, are previous site, has all the players listed in a box and tells you who you should pick next. The new site doesn't do this. You actually have to have some knowledge about who you are going to pick cause you have to find the player in a alphabetical list. I can't really explain how bad people were at this, but the draft started at 8:30 pm and we didn't finish untill 12:00am. The longest and worst draft of my life. Next year, we are going to do it all live at my house. Should be much better.

So here is my team. For the Tom Cruise Fans League

Daunte Culpepper
Aaron Brooks

Stephen Jackson
Wali Lundy
Tatum Bell
Jerious Norwood
(In every league I was way to into young backs, that could definitly cost me this year)

Plaxico Burress
Donald Driver
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Muhsin Muhammad
Ernest Wilford

Ben Watson
Leonard Pope

Lawrence Tynes

Jacksonville

So thats it, my last team, I'm not overly excited about it, but my WR corp on paper is great. So if i have to i should be able to make some trades for a RB when the time comes. But i still think my best team is in the Trash talking League, i can't wait for that one to start, and it's my biggest money league.


Played golf on the weekend too. Huge improvement. 84. I'm Gooooooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home